Friday, August 12, 2011

My Bath Friend

I'm bathing with the girls and Kelsi notices a mosquito floating....
she cries "a bug in your bath mommmmm"
so I say "he's my friend"
she give me a look and says "he a bug"
I sing (quoting scout) "me and my friend buggy, we like to do everything together like splash in the tub......"
Kelsi smiling splashes the bug, whom I have now picked up out of the water and put on the edge of the tub "he moved!!!!"
I say "yup" and get out of the bath, leaving her and her sister.
She sat in there staring at this bug, then she calls "mom, your friend bug is not moving" 
I say "oh ok, maybe he is sleeping"
she yells at the bug "WAKE UP BUG!!" turns to me and says "mom, he's not wakin' up"
Me "well he moved when you splashed him, he must be sleepy" as I get her out of the tub.
I exit the room......10 min later....
She enters the living room in her towel, she had been staring at the bug.
She says in a hate to break it to you sort of way "mom, your bug friend is dead"
I say "he is??!?! How do you know?"
she says "well he's not movin', and he's just dead mom, you can get a new bug friend"
I tell her that it is OK  and she goes to get her clothes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment