Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Eating Animals

I showed Kelsi a pic of a tiger online.
She asks "Is it dead?"
Me "No it's not dead."
Her "It's just in the snow?"
Me, "Yes"

I caught a fish, with my bare hands on the dunes. I pick it up and show it to my kids and they ask
"Can we eat it?"
Me "No, you can't eat him, we're gonna let him go at the lake and let him go and have a chance of survival"
They were genuinely disappointed.

To review this situation, animals are dead and can be killed to eat them and cows eat chicken.......yeah, somethings wrong here?!?! Somehow I have raised children simply by not hiding that they are eating the type of animal when they eat it, we do not hunt, they have never seen an animal slaughtered. Yet they totally grasp and accept this idea and are fine with it.....fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment